Chatroom (1)

Pets, other hobbies, music, tourist corner, spear time.

Re: Chatroom (1)

Postby Gabi_Munich » October 19th, 2014, 5:13 pm

I got the leaves from Natalia Dick: Bob's Omega, Kei-Yoki, Moonlit Snow, Ness' Cherry Smoke, Vampire's Kiss, Warm Sunshi´ne, Chtob Ya Tak Zhil, Dzhordzhija, EK-Dyhanie Grozy, EK-Krasaviza Kleopatra, LE-Ajsidora, LE-Kudri Venery, RS-Faraon, Vodjanoj, RS-Kapitoshka, RS-Zolotoe Runo .... in spring I hope there will be a lot of off-spring :-)
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby Valkiria » October 27th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Great choise, Gabi!
Waiting for pictures of them in bloom! :)
Valkiria
Senior

Postby Gabi_Munich » December 27th, 2014, 7:26 pm

used the calm Xmas days to finally separate the "babies" from the leaves, it's the first part (still have more waiting but not yet grown big enough)

Gabi_Munich
Senior

Postby illustrator » January 27th, 2015, 9:54 pm

Laci wrote:Paul, I'm also trying to get a Happy Harold! So fingers crossed!

Laci, I am very unhappy but Happy Harold didn't make it. From the AVSA forum I understand that other growers also have problems with it (although I think only few people have it). I kept it growing by continuous re-starting for a very long time, but it was never more than a small starter-plant here.

On the bright side: my species violets start to do much bnetter lately. Only House of Amani is still doing poorly (and I had that one doing very well for years).

Thinking back I think that what went wrong is that first I got soil mealybugs in my plants, which I poisoned successfully. Unfortunately the pesticide also killed roots of the violets. Everytime I saw poor growth, my reaction was to spray again, which led to more poor growth. Only by restarting from leaves I got eventually healthy plants again. Most plants I had to re-start several times because I kept stubbornly using the same clay pots - which were likely a reservoir for the same pesticides and after a while started to poison the plants again. So I am back to plastic pots now, but also to better looking plants. Can't wait untill spring to -hopefully- see some flowers again. I am still growing with natural light and this means hardly any flowers in winter.
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 52

Postby Gabi_Munich » March 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am

have done some potting of kohleria and achimenes rhizomes during the week-end. I put the kohleria on the window sill because they seem to stand the strong sunlight in summer well.

Still have loads of other plants to repot
Gabi_Munich
Senior

Postby Gabi_Munich » May 30th, 2015, 12:14 am

I'll not have access to the internet for a few days, so I'll stay "mute" for a while. Talk to all of you later.
Gabi_Munich
Senior

Previous

Return to Miscellanea