limits of collection

limits of collection

Postby Gabi_Munich » September 9th, 2019, 1:04 am

Recently there was a good article about why and how to limit the plant collections - thank you Annie Rieck happy03:

https://allaboutafricanviolets.com/2019 ... on-part-i/

https://allaboutafricanviolets.com/2019 ... n-part-ii/
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Re: limits of collection

Postby RaluRalu » September 11th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Nice. Thank you!
RaluRalu

Postby illustrator » September 17th, 2019, 7:37 pm

please use the compost heap instead of the trash can, we already produce way too much trash

by the time you have to look up if you have a certain variety in your collection or not: you have way too many

but, I find that they are pretty much self-limiting: get more and more violets and sooner or later you bring a nasty disease into your collection. Then you lose most or all and you can reconsider how many you really need (to get back).
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 56

Postby Basti30 » September 17th, 2019, 10:27 pm

So I know, by and large, despite 600 plants, which varieties are in my collection. But I also think that you have to make boundaries, when it degenerates into work you should restrict yourself and consider whether you need each variety because many varieties are similar in appearance of the flowers, and many plants mean that you need a good crop protection management to keep the collection healthy.
Basti30

{ IMAGES }: 0

Postby illustrator » September 18th, 2019, 9:24 pm

another one: when a plant is flowering, but you still have to look at the label to know which variety it is, you also have too many ...
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 56

Postby Basti30 » September 18th, 2019, 9:40 pm

I do not see it that way since many varieties are similar in the meantime and are very similar to Russian / Ukrainian varieties, But only someone who knows how to compare the sorts and knows many varieties knows this
Basti30

{ IMAGES }: 0

Return to Other discussions on african violets