Cameras and photography

Re: Cameras and photography

Postby Laci » January 12th, 2012, 6:17 pm

It's the same here :-)
This camera is around 300 euros (the average salary is around 450 euros in net). So I'm just dreaming about it. That's a lot of of money here.

A yearly income is 3600-5400 euros here!
Wikipedia says the average income in Germany is 4,217 € according to year 2006 data.

Huge difference! :(
Laci
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby Gabi_Munich » January 13th, 2012, 2:28 am

Laci, 4217 EUR in Germany 2006 - hm, is it average per month/net/gross? - I can just say I never had that amount on my account when the company paid my salary, I must be doing something wrong :( It depends a lot if it is net or gross income. And the expenses are also much higher so it is all relative in comparison. It is not so simple just to compare some numbers, too easy to give the wrong impression/be misleading.
But for sure it probably it is easier to save up for a camera like this in Germany.

and I sadly have to report that I have lost my digital camera :oops: :cry: it is a loss, even it was just a "standard" camera for snapshots, nothing special.
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby Laci » January 13th, 2012, 11:48 am

Gabi, you have right it's not only a comparison of numbers. But you can belive it, that how hard the life is here. Government takes the 40-50% of your salary, the VAT is 27%. Expenses are 70-80% of the average people's salary. The costs of living are high, maybe not as high than in Germany if you count it in Euros, I'm sure about it. But I'm also sure about if you compare it to the local salary then it is much more higher than Germany.
But 300-500 euros for a month is enough for nothing, renting an appartment here in Budapest on an average rate is around 170-250 euros (not including other expenses, like water, electricity, gas, TV, internet etc...). A better appartment cost 400 euros, but depending on the location and size it could be as high as 1000 euros..
The foods and clothes are almost the same price than in Germany. You can calculate with it.
1 liter gasoline with the current euro currency is almost 1,5 euro, higher than is Austria or any neighbouring country.

Okay I'm not complaining, it's the photography topic :-) I just wanted to make a view about our possibilities. So people don't change their cameras here too often :-) If I want to buy something I usually order it from the USA or somewhere else, because it is cheaper than buy it here locally.
Laci
Senior

Postby Gabi_Munich » January 14th, 2012, 1:11 am

Laci, I 100% believe you, it is much harder to save up for a camera like that in Hungary - it must be very hard to save on so little money and life is not easy. And for sure I regard myself as lucky living in Germany. In comparison it is much, much more feasible to buy a decent camera with a German salary, there is no doubt about it.
When I commented on the numbers I just wanted to say that one has to be very careful to take some numbers from the internet and present them as facts because one easily can be wrong. My statistics professor at university said "only trust the statistics you have faked yourself" :lool: :lool: And to make over 4000 EUR net per month in Germany .... you have to have a university degree with a really good job higher up. so when I read that the Germans make an average of that in 2006 I was like "woah, there are only engineers and managers in Germany?" and I think the number is not real. It made me curious and I have searched at the national statistics institute and there is loads of official info. What I got from the official German statistical yearbook: average gross income per month in 2010 in the industry/service sector is 3227 EUR (for full-time, without extra payments). Net income is of course much less, depending on the salary (45 - 55 %). And different sectors differ a lot but this is not the place to dwell on it.

And I am still wondering where I have lost my camera ..... I had it in December, believed that I just put it somewhere in my apartment. But now I cannot find it anymore :| I have already searched everywhere :?
Gabi_Munich
Senior

Postby Gabi_Munich » January 15th, 2012, 2:24 pm

are your cameras specially designed for macro photos? When I used mine, ok, it has a macro function but then it still is not able to make real close up photos. So I always have to edit the photos. It's not always good for the quality.
Gabi_Munich
Senior

Postby Laci » January 15th, 2012, 3:16 pm

It depends on the camera. I think ultrazoom cameras can make good macros, but professional cameras could make a really good picture. Some professional cameras can be used with macro lens or objectives. The basic cameras are good for only general purposes or taking pictures when you take it swith you on your holidays :)
If you want to make really good pictures, then you can buy used cameras. I can recommend Canon S2 IS to S5 IS. They are relatively cheap if you buy a used machine, but they can make good pictures.

Laci
Senior

Postby maki01 » January 17th, 2012, 3:23 pm

I'm looking for free photo editing program . I want to edit RGB values. I'm using PhotoScape and Picasa but they can't edit the RGB values.
maki01

{ IMAGES }: 0

Previous

Return to Other discussions on african violets