Emergency (K. Stork)

Emergency (K. Stork)

Postby nina » November 23rd, 2010, 12:58 am

Emergency (K. Stork) Single-semidouble red pansy/white fluted edge. Dark green, wavy/red back. Large

This one is at my place more dark fuchsia than vibrant red. When the plant is in full strength, it really blooms double. What I do not like about this variety are a bit too long bloom stems, so the blooms fall a bit around. Also, the leaves stems are also a bit too long, so the crown is a bit too open for my taste. But, it is a heavy bloomer and easy to grow, and that is definitely is a big plus!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
nina

Re: Emergency (K. Stork)

Postby Valkiria » January 27th, 2012, 5:24 pm

This variety is one of my first named hybrids of african violets. It was among those pioneers which have supported my beginner's treatments. I have just pleasant memories of it. :)

Of course, it is an old variety. Comparing to these incredible hybrids which we have today, this one has small flowers, long stems, tends to raise leaves up when it is not enough light, and the rosette reaches impressive dimensions, if left to itself. :) But it is still one of the most red violets among all red hybrids. :)

Valkiria
Senior

Postby illustrator » November 10th, 2012, 8:58 pm

when was it hybridised?
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 53

Postby Basti30 » June 18th, 2018, 8:51 pm

my plant with your first flowering, the rosette grows well and satisfactorily. The flowers have a very nice shade of red and last a long time

Basti30

{ IMAGES }: 0

Return to Cultivars D-F