mini wishlist

mini wishlist

Postby illustrator » September 23rd, 2016, 1:52 am

Due to a combination of plant pests (Cyclamen mites) and lack of time I lost some of my plants and would love to get them back one day. So I have a mini wish list:

species plants which I lost:
grotei silvert
grotei protzen
difficilis

and for hybridizing (just for fun):
Lunar Lily White
Something with Clackamas leaves, single or semi-double flowers
Something with longifolia leaves, single or semi double flowers
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 53

Re: mini wishlist

Postby Gabi_Munich » September 23rd, 2016, 7:25 pm

difficilis and clone Protzen - I still have both. Grotei silvert I nearly lost and it is still very tiny, I hope it will recover and next year I can send leaves of grotei silvert. Perhpas Angelika Dibley still has grotei silvert because I also sent her leaves some time ago.

I also have House of Amani and another species (can tell you in a few days).
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Re: mini wishlist

Postby illustrator » September 24th, 2016, 10:01 pm

I still have House of Amani as well, as a small plant which is growing on a piece of tufa (with a few flowers) and several leaves which should give plantlets any day now. I actually have most of my species plants still, I lost grandifolia #299 and magungensis, which never did well. I managed to keep both pendula clones, the one with one flower per peduncle as well as the one with two flowers.

Even grotei Mather #21 is still alive. This one did very well some months ago, and is now again starting up. I find that mather#21 is the most difficult violet which I have. Some times it looks OK, but never consistently for very long.

I have obtained the amazing orbicularis var. purpurea! It has very small flowers, but many of them, and they have the most amazig deep blue-violet colour. This is an eas one to grow. My plant of this species looks kind of funny at this moment: it is growing on tufa rock and is a bit small, and then a caterpillar made big holes in the leaves before I noticed. Like this, it really looks like the damaged plants in nature. But it is flowering! I just pollinated it with pollen from a dark blue thumbnail violet from the supermarket, it should be nice to combine these small intensively coloured flowers with the thumbnail pattern.

I lost silvert not because of the mites, but because I replanted it and then it got a fungus infection and died in a few days time! Before this it was growing so easily and flowering all the time ...

All together I still have about 15 species clones (I have to count them again :) ), and also still #32 and my very own "Wild Beginning" (which doesn't look too spectacular but which I use for further hybridizing) and "Wild Star" (which I really love and which is my very planned cross). I am still concentrating on species violets and have very few cultivars - and even fewer other gesneriads.

I don't want to spread cyclamen mites, I think that I have it under controll, but to be certain I rather don't send leaves this year.
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 53

Return to For sale/swap/giveaway (from private growers) in the EU