Hello from Spain

All new members can introduce herself/himself here.
Forum rules
Please put in the following information:
* Name
* City/Country

* Introduction

Please do not post your email address here!

Hello from Spain

Postby galeandra » August 25th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Hi,
My name is Gabriela, I am a crafter and I'm from Santiago de Compostela, Spain. I love plants, particularly orchids, but this year my mother gave me my first african violet. No idea of which av is, as here plants never have that information on them, but it was so lovely that I decided to buy some leaves, some seeds and two other baby african violets, and now I just have to wait with how many of them I will end, but I guess I will end having more african violets than orchids (I have 26), even if I live in a small space.
I'm happy of being here because I'm looking forward to meet people and to learn from their knowledge.
Have a nice day
galeandra

Re: Hello from Spain

Postby Gabi_Munich » August 30th, 2016, 12:17 am

Welcome to our forum Gabriela!
Hope you will enjoy growing your little African violets! If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy growing,
Gabi (we share the same name :) - mine actually is Gabriele - the German Version of Gabriela)
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby galeandra » August 30th, 2016, 3:07 am

Thank you for the welcome, Gabi. It is nice that we share the name and the passion for african violets. One of my african violets is about to bloom for the first time, so I'm pretty excited, but a little overwhelmed because with the seeds I planted and the leaves, I have over 70 baby african violets and no clue what to do with them, as I live in 45 m2. But I'm happy watching them grow. And it is nice to be able to read all the knowledge gathered in the forum and to watch all the beautiful plants of other members.
galeandra

Postby Gabi_Munich » August 30th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Gabriela, I have the same problem - baby plants sitting everywhere in my apartment :) If you want, we can swap some babies .... ok, this is no means to get less plants .... but you can have more varieties ;)
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby galeandra » September 3rd, 2016, 11:54 pm

That would be great, Gabi, once I see how many plant I end up with. Because I'm not feeling too optimistic, now that my mother told me that once the weather gets colder, probably half of them will die. Yes, she's that encouraging. I know I don't have much of a green thumb, but I hope to make most of them survive, as I have seen then grow from start and are like the children I never had. But I'm looking forward to adquire more varieties in the future and to swap them, I have fallen in love with the blue dragon variety and I'm looking forward to have it.
galeandra

Postby ena » September 5th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Hello Gabriela! You'll be surprised of how much space you can find for av. I'm always in lack of space but this never stopped me to find new solutions for new varieties.
ena

Return to Introduction