Hello from Helsinki (Finland)!

All new members can introduce herself/himself here.
Forum rules
Please put in the following information:
* Name
* City/Country

* Introduction

Please do not post your email address here!

Hello from Helsinki (Finland)!

Postby nutkin » September 14th, 2016, 12:31 pm

Hello, everyone. I'm here looking to buy AVs with the aim of growing and trading them with others. I have a thing for succulents and pelargonia also. Well, I guess we could add dwarf rabbits to my list too since I have nine of those at the moment. :D

Being in the north and having windows that face entirely the wrong direction for growing plants happily over winter (which is woefully long and dark up here), I welcome any advice you may have. I know I can keep them under fluorescent lighting quite well, but I really hate the light for myself. However, I have a lot of plants to overwinter this year so I may just have to bite the bullet. Your comments are most welcome!

I'm really happy to be here. Thanks to you all in advance!

Nutkin
nutkin

Re: Hello from Helsinki (Finland)!

Postby Gabi_Munich » September 14th, 2016, 9:39 pm

Hello Nutkin,

welcome to our forum. I know the problem with the lighting - but what can you do? If you want them to grow happily they need some lighting in winter.

Happy growing,
Gabi
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby galeandra » September 18th, 2016, 12:40 am

Hello Nutkin,
Welcome to the forum. I'm new to the forum too and to growing and owning african violets. It is a nice forum, even if it is a little bit inactive, with a lot of interesting information. Enjoy it here.
galeandra

Postby Gabi_Munich » September 23rd, 2016, 7:21 pm

yes, unfortunately the Forum is a bit inactive - this is due to everyone mainly using Facebook and not posting in forums anymore. But you can change that, I'd be happy if you would post or show some photos happy03: I like Forums - Information can be exchanged and collected. In Facebook there are many photos but they also quickly disappear from sight.
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Return to Introduction