Hello from Southgate, Michigan, USA

All new members can introduce herself/himself here.
Forum rules
Please put in the following information:
* Name
* City/Country

* Introduction

Please do not post your email address here!

Hello from Southgate, Michigan, USA

Postby SteveT » October 7th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Hello everyone,
After many attempts to join the forum, I have finally been successful. happy: I have grown AVs for about twenty years and am now very involved growing Russian/Ukrainian varieties. This has been a real experience for me as I have found these violets to be a bit more temperamental than US hybrids but so very rewarding when you get them to come true. I have many questions to ask and since you are all the experts on these varieties, I am sure you will be able to give a great deal of good advice and solid answers. I am looking forward to making many friends here. I have a small business here called Starznstreps. I hope to elevate the popularity of Russian/Ukrainian hybrids here in the USA. Enough for now. Good growing everyone.

SteveT
SteveT

Re: Hello from Southgate, Michigan, USA

Postby Gabi_Munich » October 7th, 2016, 9:02 pm

Hello Steve,

great to have you here in our forum - I am happy you did not give up on us :) We had trouble with the registration process some time ago but now the problem is solved.

Happy growing,
Gabi
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby galeandra » October 8th, 2016, 12:11 am

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum. Wow, growing african violets for about twenty years, you must have a lot of knowledge about them. I have just began growing them, I hope one day I could too say that I have been growing them for that long.
galeandra

Postby illustrator » October 13th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum! It is really nice to see that some didn't give up on forums. there is a lot going on on facebook, but anything posted there disappears deep down the line after a while. Over here, it is possible to find all topics again. I haven't been so active on the forum myself for a while, and also my violets have been at a standstill (didn't loose many though). I am more a grower of wild species violets myself, but regarding cultivation the difference is not so big. I started over 25 years ago with a violet which I still have (S. pendula) but don't have much space so I tend to have about 20 varieties or so.
Best regards,
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 53

Return to Introduction