Seed sowing

Seed sowing

Postby Laci » February 17th, 2013, 11:03 am

Here is my first seed sowing in 2013. I sowed the seed on the very first day of this year.

Day 1:

After 3 weeks:

The 4th week:

I tickled the roots, and put some seeds into a differen container to see the difference in some weeks. I expecting that the tickled ones will be much more bigger.

17th, February

Laci
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 1

Re: Seed sowing

Postby botan » February 17th, 2013, 11:45 am

YES!! I'm not the only one with gazillion seedlings! anim: :mrgreen: Now seriously, well done! happy03:
I've red soon that they love transplanting and they will became double in size very quickly. Also that they didn't show their true coloration until they reach 18 months, so be prepared. :)

PS: Oh, now I've remembered! I red it from here :arrow: http://www.gesneriadsociety.org/gleanin ... 013.02.pdf
botan

Postby Laci » February 18th, 2013, 12:30 am

That's true! I think I read Dale Martens' instructions. She's a pretty lovely and helpful lady.
I'm a bit upset, that last year I did not care about my epsicia-s, I had a too big collection that I could not handle.

I also sowed a pink leafed episcia, it is very slow. I have only a few tiny seedling after 6 weeks and they're all white.
Laci
Senior

Postby botan » February 18th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Hmmm as I know Mg++ helps the plant to produce some chlorophyll, but I don't know how seedling will react on it.
Well this time you'll have again a lot of episcias, but I can assure you that you'll keep them alive. When I grow something from seed, and it's my breed I just can afford to let it die, before it release it's full potential, and even after that if it's worth.
botan

Postby Valkiria » February 20th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Laci, what's there? Some bought unknown seeds of episcia? or something hybridized by yourself?

How are the seeds from Gesneriad Society?
Valkiria
Senior

Postby Laci » February 24th, 2013, 2:00 am

It's a E. cupreata hybrid mix from Malaysia. And I found another varieties to sow. It's all from Tuck Lock, I really thank for him!

The Gesneriad Society seeds are doing fine, some of them produced seedlings, but some of them produced nothing. Nematanthus brasiliensis did not germinated at all, but I really wanted to have it!
Laci
Senior

Postby Valkiria » March 7th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Can you write, what you have germinated till now?

Nematanthus brasiliensis haven't germinated in my conditions also. :(
Valkiria
Senior

Postby Laci » March 10th, 2013, 10:46 am

I think all the sinningias are germinated (S. cardinalis, S. tuberosa, S. leucotricha, S. canescens).
I have many Chrysothemis pulchella, I sowed streps seeds also, and some gesneria also germinated, but they look so tiny.
Laci
Senior

Return to Culitvation